Vision, Mission, & Values
To be the principal source of fisheries-dependent information on the Atlantic coast through the cooperation of all program partners
Produce dependable and timely marine fishery statistics for Atlantic coast fisheries that are collected, processed and disseminated according to common standards agreed upon by all program partners.
- Accurate data are required for good fisheries management decisions.
- Coordination and collaboration among the program partners are essential for success.
- The Program must be responsive to the changing needs for fisheries data.
- Processes must be open and transparent but confidential data must be protected.
- Data shall be accessible and easy to use.
- Responsibilities should be matched with available resources.